Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my husband's favorite cookie. I always double the recipe so I have some for the kids because DH eats them as fast as they cool.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese and milk.
- Beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in flour. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonful 2-inches apart on to ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes or until edges begin to slightly brown.
Mmmm....these are really delicious cookies! Unusual texture, chewy edges, soft middle. My cookies didn't look like the picture. They were thicker. I was out of walnuts so I used toasted pecans and would use them again and may cut back a little on the sugar, I'm trying to cut back were I can. Thanks for sharing this keeper recipe!
My family liked these! I got 19 cookies. I messed up on the first batch. I accidentally set the oven to 325 instead of 375. So I baked 5 more minutes and some burned. :( next batch was good. I had a half a brick of cream cheese I needed to use up. So this was perfect! I probably used 4 oz though. I was a little concerned that it didn't use any eggs. I also used 3/4 up of sugar.
We loved the flavor of these cookies. So nice and chewy. Thanks for posting this recipe.