Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This was submitted to Southern Living by an 8 year old. COOL! :)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons red food coloring paste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- chocolate sprinkles
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add food coloring, vanilla, and egg yolk, beating well. Add cake mix, and beat until blended.
- Shape a portion of the dough into 40 (1-inch) balls, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Shape remaining dough into 40 (1/4-inch) balls; attach to larger balls on baking sheet.
- Gently press a knife dipped in flour down center of each larger ball. Decorate body of ladybugs with chocolate candy sprinkles.
- Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes.
These are so yummy! DH and DS can't get enough of them. I used chocolate chips to make spots, and DH says they make them even better.
These cookies were really great and cute! i used a few chocolate chips to decorate them and they were good to.