Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy, smooth and thick cream cheese frosting, awesome on banana cake, muffins, cupcakes. Not a yucky 'health-food' recipe! This is good frosting! Try changing the flavoring to 1/2 tsp orange or lemon.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, can use Neufchatel
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel or 1 teaspoon orange peel, omit if using vanilla extract
- Whip cream cheese until soft, add butter, blend.
- Add remaining ingredients and whip till smooth and creamy.
- Spread on cake or muffins, or whatever you're using it for. And it's okay to sneak a spoonful! (I do) Frosts 9x13 cake or 12-18 cupcakes.