Recipe by l0ve2c00k
These pretty strawberries are cut to resemble flower petals then stuffed with sweetened cream cheese. Courtesy of about.com.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Made for Bunco and my monthly mom's group and was highly praised!! These are so good and don't seem too bad for you since there is not a ton of filling in each berry. Will definately be making these often this summer when strawberries are in season!!
- 32 large fresh strawberries, large
- 11 -12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate or 2 tablespoons milk chocolate, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a thin slice from the stem end of each strawberry, allowing the berries to stand upright on flattened end.
- Place berries, cut side down, on a serving platter. Cut each berry carefully into 4 wedges, cutting almost to, but not through, bottoms.
- Fan wedges just slightly, taking care not to break; set berries aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and almond extract until light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in grated chocolate.
- Using a teaspoon or decorating bag with decorative tip, fill the strawberries. If desired, sprinkle with a little more grated chocolate.
- Cover and chill.