Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
These pretty strawberries are cut to resemble flower petals then stuffed with sweetened cream cheese. Courtesy of about.com.
- 32 large fresh strawberries, large
- 11 -12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate or 2 tablespoons milk chocolate, grated
- Cut a thin slice from the stem end of each strawberry, allowing the berries to stand upright on flattened end.
- Place berries, cut side down, on a serving platter. Cut each berry carefully into 4 wedges, cutting almost to, but not through, bottoms.
- Fan wedges just slightly, taking care not to break; set berries aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and almond extract until light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in grated chocolate.
- Using a teaspoon or decorating bag with decorative tip, fill the strawberries. If desired, sprinkle with a little more grated chocolate.
- Cover and chill.
Made for Bunco and my monthly mom's group and was highly praised!! These are so good and don't seem too bad for you since there is not a ton of filling in each berry. Will definately be making these often this summer when strawberries are in season!!