Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on a blog, http://www.livinglocurto.com/2009/05/weekly-meal-plan-week-7/ and I'm posting it here so I don't forget about it.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- 1.Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2.Combine cream cheese, pesto and pepper in a small bowl with a fork.
- 3.Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of a chicken breast half, nearly through to the opposite side. Open up each breast and place one-fourth of the filling in the center. Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts and filling.
- 4.Lightly beat egg white with a fork in a medium bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow glass dish. Hold each chicken breast half together and dip in the egg white, then dredge in the breadcrumbs.
- 5.Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts; cook until browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Place the chicken, browned-side up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake about 20 minutes.