Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
What do you do when you have several pounds of crawfish left over from a crawfish boil? You peel 'em and put 'em in this easy to make, fabulous quiche that has gotten rave reviews from everyone who's ever eaten it! This even makes a great brunch course.
- 1 lb crawfish tail
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
- Saute mushrooms and green onions in butter until tender. Add crawfish. Set aside.
- In large bowl combine eggs, half and half, cheese and seasoning.
- Fold in crawfish, mushrooms and onions. Pour mixture into pie shell. Sprinkle with a little additional cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
This is absolutely fabulous! I made it for a family dinner and everyone loved it and ate every bite! Served it with Strawberry Spinach Salad and got rave reviews. I have added this to my favorite meals. Make it often. Thank you spaghetti_soprano for posting.