Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 cups cooked crawfish tail meat
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in green onions and the next 6 ingredients; stir/sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Cook over med heat for about 8 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt and the next 4 ingredients.
- Remove from heat; let stand 3 minutes.
- Add in cheddar cheese and sour cream, stirring until cheese melts.
- Stir in the crawfish.
- Add 1 inch of water to a medium skillet; bring to a simmer.
- Dip 1 tortilla in water using tongs.
- Spoon 1/4 cup crawfish mixture into center of 1 tortilla; roll tightly and place in a 13x9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas and 2 3/4 cups crawfish mixture.
- Spread remaining crawfish mixture over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with Monterey jack cheese.
- Cover and bake in a 325°F oven for 10 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
I've tried several crawfish enchilada recipes and this is the one I'm sticking with. It has all the right amounts of ingredients, all I did different was use a touch of Cayanne pepper in the seasoning. The enchiladas were delicous!