Recipe by Smilyn
This is from my mother-in-law. This makes a large amount; it can be halved. You can also use frozen crawfish tails, it saves time from peeling the tails.
Top Review by melissasass
I wanted to make something quick, yet flavorful, hearty and satisfing...this is the recipe. Everyone LOVED it and raved about it for days. I had people asking me for the recipe. I make this once a week. Sometimes I substitute the crawfish tails with chicken. Either way, it's super delicious, quick and cheap to make.
- 2 cups margarine
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 pint creole seasoning, mix (chopped onion, green pepper, celery, garlic, shallots)
- 1 quart milk
- 3 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole corn
- 3 (15 1/3 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 lbs louisiana crawfish
- season with creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's Seasoning)
- season with salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes