Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from my mother-in-law. This makes a large amount; it can be halved. You can also use frozen crawfish tails, it saves time from peeling the tails.
- 2 cups margarine
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 pint creole seasoning, mix (chopped onion, green pepper, celery, garlic, shallots)
- 1 quart milk
- 3 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole corn
- 3 (15 1/3 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 lbs louisiana crawfish
- season with creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's Seasoning)
- season with salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- Sauté vegetables in butter until tender.
- Add flour and stir until blended.
- Add milk, corn, potato soup, crawfish and seasonings.
- Cook 40 minutes.
- Add cheese.
- Serve hot.
I wanted to make something quick, yet flavorful, hearty and satisfing...this is the recipe. Everyone LOVED it and raved about it for days. I had people asking me for the recipe. I make this once a week. Sometimes I substitute the crawfish tails with chicken. Either way, it's super delicious, quick and cheap to make.
I've made several different versions of this recipe, but my husband said this was, by far, the best ever. I also made a slightly different version by adding cream of mushroom soup and fresh sliced mushrooms. It was fantastic!
My husband and I made this for my family's Christmas dinner last year and it was such a hit they've already requested we prepare it again this year.