2 hrs 30 mins
This was a HUGE hit for Christmas breakfast!! VERY yummy!!! Even my picky sister loved it!!! I got the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cranberries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons orange juice
- 1In large bowl mix 1 cup of flour and yeast, set aside.
- 2In small saucepan, heat and stir milk, 2 TBS of sugar, 2 TBS butter, and 1/2 tsp salt until warm 120-130 degrees.
- 3Add milk mixture to flour mixture and add egg.
- 4Beat with mixer on low to medium for 30 seconds.
- 5Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- 6Stir in as much of the remaining flour as possible.
- 7Turn out dough onto floured surface.
- 8Knead in enough remaining flour to make soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3-5 minutes total).
- 9Shape dough into ball.
- 10Place into greased bowl, turning once.
- 11Cover and let rise in warm place until double (about 1 - 1 1/2 hours).
- 12Meanwhile for filling, in small bowl stir together cranberries, sugar, pecans and spice and set aside.
- 13Punch dough down.
- 14Turn out onto lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- 15Grease a baking sheet.
- 16Roll dough into 14 x 10 inch rectangle.
- 17Brush with melted butter.
- 18Spread filling over dough.
- 19Starting from long side, roll dough into spiral.
- 20Seal seam.
- 21Placing seam side down, cut roll in half lengthwise.
- 22Place cut sides up, side by side on prepared baking sheet.
- 23Loosely twist halves together, keeping cut sides facing up.
- 24Pinch ends to seal.
- 25Cover and let rise in warm place until nearly double, about 30 minutes.
- 26Bake in 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. (if necessary cover loosely with foil last 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning).
- 27Remove from baking sheet and cook on wire rack.
- 28Drizzle with icing when cooled.
- 29To make orange icing:.
- 30Stir together powdered sugar and orange juice to make icing drizzling consistency.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Twist Bread
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.2
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 23.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g