Recipe by Roxygirl in Colorado
This is my favorite cranberry sauce from "Fruit Cookbook" by Nicole Routhier. My sister and I both love cranberry sauce and try out two new recipes every Thanksgiving. This year I'm not going to bother, since this is the only one I like to eat plain (with a spoon)! The tangerines give it a wonderful flavor, even better than oranges and combine great with the Granny apple.
Top Review by Sharon123
This turned out very good! I halved the recipe and used an orange. I was concerned about the oranges cooked whole being bitter(from past experience with another recipe), so I peeled the orange and removed the white pith.This turned out great and had a lovely flavor. I put the whole thing through the food processor and coarsely chopped it. Thank you Roxy!
- 2 tangerines, unpeeled and chopped (remove seeds)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries, rinsed
- 2 medium tart green apples, peeled,cored,chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tangerines and water in a saucepan.
- Cook rapidly until peel is tender, about 20 minute.
- Add cranberries, apples, sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat and boil gently for about 20 minutes.
- As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add almonds during last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Cool and refrigerate or freeze.