1/1 Photo of Cranberry-Tangerine Sauce With Apples & Almonds
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
This is my favorite cranberry sauce from "Fruit Cookbook" by Nicole Routhier. My sister and I both love cranberry sauce and try out two new recipes every Thanksgiving. This year I'm not going to bother, since this is the only one I like to eat plain (with a spoon)! The tangerines give it a wonderful flavor, even better than oranges and combine great with the Granny apple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine tangerines and water in a saucepan.
- 2Cook rapidly until peel is tender, about 20 minute.
- 3Add cranberries, apples, sugar.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
- 5Increase heat and boil gently for about 20 minutes.
- 6As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- 7Add almonds during last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 8Cool and refrigerate or freeze.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Tangerine Sauce With Apples & Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 45.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g