Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simmered fresh or canned pears with cranberries and spices. Simple, but delicious! This will taste like you slaved all day when it really takes very little time. :) Cook time includes cooling time.
- 3 cups cranberry juice (or cran-raspberry or cran-apple)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 slices orange zest, about 2-inches x 1-inch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground cloves (or more, if desired)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pear halves, in concentrated juice or
- 3 fresh pears, medium sized, cut in half and cored
- 1) In a deep saucepan, combine cranberry juice, orange zest, cranberries, spices and bring to boil over medium heat.
- 2) Reduce heat to medium, cook mixture until reduced to about 2 cups (about 10 minutes).
- 3) Drain canned pears, reserving liquid for another use. Place pears in serving bowl and pour hot liquid over them. Let cool to room temperature, about 15-20 minutes. Pears will keep in fridge for up to 4 days.