Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
We have this every year at Thanksgiving. It makes a lot so there will be plenty to freeze. Looks strange but the taste is a great change from traditional cranberry sauce.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefresh washed cranberries, grind
- 2 large navel oranges, grate zest of peel first, pull pulp and chop
- 1 cup celery, minced (use mini chopper)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 (3 ounce) boxes orange Jell-O
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups sugar
- 1 cup minced pecans
- Grind cranberries in blender.
- Then mix all ingredients including orange zest together except water and Jello.
- Dissolve Jello in water then combine with other ingredients.
- Place into desired serving bowl and chill about 3 hours until set.
- This freezes great for later use! thaw in fridge.