Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
Scrumptious pound cake dotted with fresh tart cranberries, and topped with a rich cranberry glaze. I love cranberries, and this is a unique and delightful way to utilize them.
Top Review by puppy_dog_rescue
I made this without the glaze and substituted condensed milk for buttermilk since I didn't have any. This came out wonderfully! My kids all love this and I could eat just this bread for dinner! Yum!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 cups cranberries (picked over)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries (picked over)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350F with shelf in middle of oven.
- Butter and flour 3-quart bundt cake pan.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, cream butter; add sugar, a little at a time, until light and fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk (begin and end with flour); fold in cranberries; spoon batter into prepared cake pan; smooth the top.
- Bake 1-1/4 hours or until tester comes out clean; cool on rack 10 minutes; turn out; allow to cool completely.
- Glaze: In heavy saucepan, over moderate heat, cook sugar and water; stir and wash down crystals on side of pan with brush dipped in water; add cranberries; bring to a boil; boil, undisturbed, until mixture reaches 250F;.
- strain through fine sieve, pressing hard on solids;.
- allow to cool slightly; brush on cake.