Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Cranberry and Pomegranate are two peas in a pod and make a spectacular sauce for turkey day! Really easy too. Cut pomegranates in half crosswise, hold cut side over a large bowl and tap the top of the fruit repeatedly with the back of a tablespoon. Seeds and juice will drop into bowl....magic! Make the cranberry sauce anhead of time and refrigerate, covered. Fold in the pomegranate seeds just before serving.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh cranberries (6 cups)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 cups fresh pomegranate seeds
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries with the sugar and pomegranate juice. Bring to a simmer and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until most of the cranberries have burst, about 10 minutes.
- Scrape the cranberry sauce into a bowl and let stand until cool, about 2 hours.
- Fold in the pomegranate seeds and serve the sauce chilled or at room temperature.
Deliciously different and perfect for Thanksgiving! Darling Daughter prepared this for our holiday meal. She tried your method of whacking the seeds and juice out, but preferred her usual method of scooping out the seeds. Also for ease of preparation, she used store bought juice. Thanks for sharing!