Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My very fav biscotti. I have to make it at Christmas for all my co-workers and they start asking for it well in advance!! 2 WW points a cookie but well worth it.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups pistachios, shelled
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix togeather oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the extracts then beat in eggs. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder, gradually stir into egg mixture. Mix in cranberries and nuts by hand.
- Divide dough in half. Form 2 logs (12X2) on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or other non-stick covering. Dough may be sticky, wet hands with water slightly to all easier handling.
- Bake for 35 minutes in teh preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. reduce oven heat to 275.
- Cut logs in the diagonal into 3/4" thick slices. Lay on sides on cookie sheet and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until dry. Cool and store in airtight container.
This recipe was given to me by a neighbor. I found it to taste better after it set overnite. so make ahead! I do wish it would have browned up some. If I make this again, will cut back on the pistachios and chop then up a bit before baking. My 2 loafs took longer to bake than the suggested time, which if ifne because biscotti really needs to be dried out and hard.
Love this biscotti! I've been making it since 2002 from this same recipe that I found on the Allrecipes website, but thanks for posting it here. I love the fact that it's made with olive oil instead of butter. It's really good, and makes a wonderful Christmas gift.
Fabulous biscotti I got this recipe from Allrecipes website, i have been making this biscotti for every Christmas. My changes; I used 1/4 cup baking splenda and 1/4 cup + 1 Tab sugar. (don't try use only splenda, I tried but it was ok) I also used white whole wheat flour instead of white flour. Thank you for posted