Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Most simple, most delicious cranberry jello salad. This was my mother's recipe and has become a tradition for my family. I serve it as a side dish at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner every year.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O or 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- Drain pineapple juice into measuring cup and add water to make 1 cup of liquid.
- In small saucepan, dissolve jello in the liquid.
- Heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat. Add cranberries and pineapple. Mix well.
- Pour into small jello mold or glass bowl and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
This stuff is awesome! I loved it, the kids loved it. Even picky DH had another scoop. It's also a very pretty dish with the fruit. It's great that I finally have a use for that can of cranberry sauce besides making more muffins. Next time I'm making it into a pretty mold instead of scooping it out. Made for PAC Fall 2009. Thanks!