Recipe by Boise_girl
Combine these three distinctly flavored fruits for a delicious breakfast jam. Its tart tangy flavor also marries well with roasted poultry, rabbit and pork.
- 4 large bartlett pears, peeled, cored and diced (about 4 cups)
- 3 cups cranberries, coarsely chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, washed and grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pears, cranberries, water and lemon rind in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, cover,reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Gradually add lemon juice and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil rapidly, uncovered, until mixture will form a gel, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- With oven mitts or other protective "gloves", Ladle into sterilized jars and process in boiling water bath (BWB) for 15 minutes. OR keep refrigerated in an air tight container for up to a month.
- Modified Source: Small Batch Preserving by Ellie Topp & Margaret Howard.