Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the cookbook "Vegan for the Holidays" by Zel Allen. This recipe combines cranberries with pears, cinnamon and ginger. Prepare a day in advance to give it time to set up in the refrigerator.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 large firm pear, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a 3-quart saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely and refrigerate 8-12 hours to thicken.