Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Try this tangy sauce with roast turkey, pork, or chicken... or on toast! I serve it for Thanksgiving every year and it always goes over well, especially on leftover turkey sandwiches! Make it a day or two ahead to make your day that much easier. Enjoy! (From Cooking Light Magazine, Nov. 2006 issue) Cook time is chill time.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot (or green onions)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and ginger; cook 5 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add juice, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Add cranberries and remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.