Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 1⁄4 cups cranberry-orange sauce
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 24 -30 lbs meaty chicken pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, mix the tomato sauce, cranberry-orange sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and cilantro.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes, stir occasionally until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Divide chicken into thirds and place into three 13x9x2-baking pans.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Brush sauce over chicken; reserve some to baste with later.
- Continue to bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Brush with reserved sauce during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Good reheated or cold if not served immediately.