- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pistachio nut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cream or tartar, soda, salt and orange rind.
- Add butter and with a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add the Spelnda and milk, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in cranberries and chopped pistachio nuts.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough to a 3/4 inch thickness and cut with a 2-1/2 inch round biscuit cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot from the oven with orange marmalade.