Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from Splenda. Serve them hot from the oven, topped with orange marmalade for a wonderful breakfast treat.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cream or tartar, soda, salt and orange rind.
- Add butter and with a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add the Spelnda and milk, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in cranberries and chopped pistachio nuts.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough to a 3/4 inch thickness and cut with a 2-1/2 inch round biscuit cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot from the oven with orange marmalade.
These are delicious! I used regular sugar instead of Splenda. Thank you.
This recipe makes some of the best scones ever, I rough chopped fresh cranberries, used dried blood orange peel and follower the recipe. I chose to make wedges in place of the rounds. They are an absolute delight that you'll want to stash and not share at all! Made for *Partying The Diabetic Way*.
Excellent, excellent, thanks so much for this recipe! These scones looked too good to pass up and I was not at all disappointed. I am a somewhat inexperienced baker, and they came out a little heavy, which could have been my fault somehow, but I'm not sure how. Maybe I handled the dough too much or something. I did substitute lemon juice for the cream of tartar as I didn't have any. (Another website said this could be done.) I also had to add a couple more tablespoons or so of milk because the dough was a bit dry. Then I used a 3 1/2 inch cutter to make about 7 biscuits. They took only 13 minutes to look done. Will not be taking the leftovers to work because these biscuits taste too good to give away! Thanks Paula!