Recipe by cookiebaker
Yes, I am already thinking of Christmas baking. You can find the shredded unsweetened coconut at Trader Joe's or at the health food store. From one of Martha's many cookbooks
Top Review by mrsshelly
I love this to bake these for Christmas, too! This year, I happened to have sweetened coconut on hand, so that's what I used. I didn't notice too much taste difference, and the cookies are gone, so the family still enjoyed them.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add milk, vanilla, and salt.
- Beat until just combined.
- Gradually add flour, cranberries, and pecans.
- Mix on low speed until fully combined.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape each half into 8-inch logs, about 2 inches in diameter.
- Roll logs in coconut, pressing lightly to coat the outside of logs.
- Wrap logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut logs into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheets, about 1 1/2-inches apart.
- Bake until edges are golden, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Store for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
- Hide from kids!