Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from "Preserving the Harvest" by Carol W. Costenbader. You can either make your own cranberry sauce or use a store-bought canned variety.
- 2 cups whole berry cranberry sauce or 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 medium limes)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- Puree all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a double boiler over hot, NOT BOILING, water. Stirring constantly, cook until the mixture is thick, smooth, and shiny. This should take about 20 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Ladle into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Wipe jar rims clean, add lids, and tighten rings just until closed.
- Process in a PRESSURE CANNER at 10 POUNDS PRESSURE for 10 minutes. Adjust for altitude, if necessary.
- Store in the refrigerator; use within 3 months.