Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This will work for either sweet potatoes or carrots, I use both sweet potatoes and carrots for this, make certain to chop your carrots into about 1-1/2 inch pieces. This is a great dish, and one that goes great with a turkey or roasted chicken dinner. If you like a lot of sauce or you are using more sweet potatoes then then double the sauce ingredients, adjust the amount of sugar, if you prefer a sweeter sauce then add in more sugar, you can use brown sugar in place of white if desired
- 3 -4 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and and cut into about 1-1/2-inch chunks or larger)
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar (use as much sugar as desired)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a buttered casserole dish (use a baking dish large enough to hold the potatoes).
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, orange juice, sugar, melted butter; bring to a boil, reduce heat and gently simmer for about 8 minutes (you will have to break up the cranberry jelly with a fork to smooth out).
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes in the baking dish; toss gently to combine and coat.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the potatoes and carrots are desired texture and they are heated through.