1/1 Photo of Cranberry Glazed Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
This is a great chicken recipe to use up any leftover cranberries from the holidays, although you might find yourself buying cranberries all year around just to make this dish! Serve this with cooked rice. Throw in some mushrooms or chopped green peppers with the sauce, if you like lots of sauce then double all ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup flour (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or white salt)
- black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (can use more than 1/2 teaspoon)
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 3 -6 tablespoons butter
- 3 -6 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a large casserole dish.
- 3Combine flour with seasoning salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- 4Coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture.
- 5Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Brown the chicken pieces on both sides, then place in the baking dish (do not clean skillet).
- 7In the same skillet with the drippings mix the water, brown sugar, vinegar, 1 tablespoon flour, cinnamon, cloves, allspice and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 8Add in cranberries and cook slowly stirring constantly until the cranberry skins pop and the mixture thickens (about 10-15 minutes).
- 9Pour the sauce over the chicken in the baking dish.
- 10Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Glazed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 908.1
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 178.1 mg
- Sodium 521.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 54.9 g
- Protein 40.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: