Cranberry Ginger Upside-Down Cake W/Spiced Orange Caramel Sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray a 10" round cake pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Cranberry Mixture: In a small sauce pan, melt butter with brown sugar. Add cinnamon and bring to a boil, whisking ingredients. Pour into the prepared pan and cover with cranberries. Set aside.
- Gingerbread: Sift together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, then add the molasses. Add the dry ingredients all at once and slowly add water, scraping bowl well.
- Pour batter over cranberries in the prepared pan. Bake 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Invert onto a serving plate and allow to cool.
- Spiced Orange Carmel Sauce: Caramelize sugar over medium-hight heat until sugar is a light amber. Carefully add orange juice (may splatter). Add remaining ingredients and boil 1 minute. Cool then serve with cake.