Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A very simple jello recipe. I serve this every year as part of our Thanksgiving meal. Sometimes I leave out the pecans.
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- In large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in pineapple and cranberry sauce.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Stir in pecans and pour into a 2 quart serving bowl.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cooking time is refrigeration time and is estimated.
I got this recipe from Taste of Home. The only thing is that the recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved, which are stirred in with the pecans. This is a nice addition to a holiday meal.
nadine makes this and folds in w cool whip really good
Made this for Easter dinner at the in-laws. Was a big hit everyone had more than one helping. I left out the nuts because we had kids under 5 eating it and they don't like nuts. I already have requests to make it for Thanksgiving. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.