Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this little gem for 2 people in a Nova Scotia cookbook. This is cranberry country so there is an abundance of recipes using them. It is light, easy and tasty so hope someone enjoys. I am sure it could be doubled.
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries (preferably fresh)
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- Combine cranberries, sugar and 1/3 cup WATER.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Puree this mixture in blender with liqueur.
- Put in metal bowl and set in ice water.
- Allow to stand, stirring occasionally, until cool.
- Beat cream until it holds soft peaks.
- Stir 1/4 into mixture and then fold in remaining.
- Spoon into 2 stemmed glasses and chill 20 minutes or freeze for 10.