Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is straight out of "How to Be a Domestic Goddess," though I'd love to take credit for it. It's so delicious. Admittedly, it makes way too much; I usually make a half-batch. I especially like this as a topping for Italian cheesecake. Yum!
- Put the cranberries and water in a saucepan, cover, and cook on low heat until tender and popped.
- Pass cranberries through a food mill of press through a sieve and put the puree back in a saucepan.
- Add the butter and sugar, melting gently.
- Beat the eggs, then strain them into the fruit.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until thickened, being careful not to curdle the mixture (it should coat the back of a spoon when thickened).
- Let cool, then pour into 5 1/2 pint jars (or any other container).