Aunt Cookie's Note:
This is straight out of "How to Be a Domestic Goddess," though I'd love to take credit for it. It's so delicious. Admittedly, it makes way too much; I usually make a half-batch. I especially like this as a topping for Italian cheesecake. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the cranberries and water in a saucepan, cover, and cook on low heat until tender and popped.
- 2Pass cranberries through a food mill of press through a sieve and put the puree back in a saucepan.
- 3Add the butter and sugar, melting gently.
- 4Beat the eggs, then strain them into the fruit.
- 5Stir constantly over medium heat until thickened, being careful not to curdle the mixture (it should coat the back of a spoon when thickened).
- 6Let cool, then pour into 5 1/2 pint jars (or any other container).
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Curd
Serving Size: 1 (1477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.6
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 296.5 mg
- Sodium 89.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 70.7 g
- Protein 8.0 g