Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I have made a few changes from the original recipe to suit our tastes. Cookie amount depends on what size you make your cookies.
- 2 cups dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and sour cream and beat until creamy.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until well mixed. Stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto prepared sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from sheets to racks to cool completely.