- 1 cup frozen concentrated orange juice (not diluted)
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Oil or line 8 -12 cup muffin pan (depending on size of muffin preferred.).
- Combine juice concentrate with applesauce and brown sugar.
- Stir in wheat bran and allow to sit for five minutes.
- Add flour and baking powder at once and stir quickly until all ingredients are moist, but do not overstir or beat.
- Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Pour into 12 muffin cups (or 8) and bake 25-35 minutes. (Depending on how many muffins.).