Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Be sure to place a ribbon on the jar with directions for baking.
Make and share this Cranberry, Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar Mix recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, soda, and powder.
- Place in a 1 quart jar.
- Layer remaining ingredients pressing firmly after each layer.
- Recipe to attach to jar:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat 12 tablespoons softened unsalted butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Place cookie mix in an other bowl and mix to combine ingredients. Add butter mixture and blend in to smooth any clumps. Drop tablespoon full onto ungreased pan and bake 9-11 minutes.
- Cool on pan then remove to rack to completely cool.
These are the driest cookies I have ever made!!! Even with reduced sugar, there is not enough liquid/fat/egg to keep them together. Lessened the sugar by 1/2 cup and is still plenty sweet. But I do like the combo of bittersweet choc. and sour cranberries. Next time I would up the sugar to a full cup.