Recipe by rosie316
A wonderful compliment to many dishes. Also a great side for the "2013 Thanksgiv-ukkah", as it goes very well with Potato Latkes (With Optional Cranberry Applesauce). Super easy to make and yummy. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Delicious cranberry applesauce! I will be serving it with your potato latkes, but I think it would be wonderful in oatmeal for breakfast or as the other reviewer mentioned -- with a meat dish. My apples were very tender, but still chunky and I think I like that better than the regular pureed texture of applesauce. I also used organic grape juice vs. the wine; otherwise, I stayed with the recipe instructions for 4 servings. Made for PRMR, March, 2014.
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup manischewitz concord grape wine
- 4 large granny smith apples
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sauce pan, combine cranberries, spices, sugar and wine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and core apples and cut into 1/2" cubes, and add to the cranberry mixture after the original 20 minutes of simmering and mix well. Cover the sauce pan and continue to simmer an additional 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If sauce begins to stick, add a small amount of water.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.