Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A Co-Worker brought this to a pot luck years ago, she gave me the recipe and it has become a requested family favorite ever since. A tasty twist on an old standard. This can be made a day ahead, but at least 3 1/2 hours ahead for proper chilling. Hence, cook time is chill time.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries (about 3 cups)
- 1 bartlett pear, cored and diced
- Drain syrup from raspberries into a 1 Cup measuring cup.
- Add enough water to equal 1 cup of liquid.
- Set raspberries aside.
- In a 3-quart saucepan over high heat, heat syrup mixture from the raspberries, sugar, pear and cranberries to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until cranberries pop.
- Stir raspberries into mixture.
- Spoon relish into bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours.