Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Webber-Woolsey recipe comes from their cookbook WILD AND WONDERFUL CRANBERRIES and is a featured dessert at thier hunting/fishing lodge near Churchill Manitoba.
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 bananas, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- ice cream
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add sugar and cranberries.
- Cook, stirring until cranberries soften- about 5 minutes.
- Add bananas and stir to blend.
- Cook 2 minutes or until bananas are heated.
- Pour brandy into skillet.
- Using a long match or barbecue lighter, quickly ignite the brandy to burn off the alcohol.
- When the flames die, spoon brandied fruit over ice cream Serves 4.