Recipe by Domestic Goddess
A great tasting "crisp" dessert; yet low in fat and calories as well.
Top Review by cpenner
I liked the sweet and tangy apple-cranberry mixture -- delicious! The oatmeal topping was not as crunchy and crispy as a regular recipe with butter or margarine, but it was still fine. Pretty good considering there's no added fat.
- 8 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples (use either Golden Delicious, or Granny Smith)
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen,coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Toss to coat, and mix well.
- Spray the inside of a 2 1/2 qt casserole baking dish with a nonstick vegetable spray.
- Add the apple mixture to the casserole baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, wheat flour, sugar and cinnamon; mix well.
- Add the apple juice; stir until moist and crumbly.
- Sprinkle the oats mixture evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake (uncovered) in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely w/aluminum foil.
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes more, or until bubbly and golden rown.
- Serve warm.