Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A cranberry-packed cobbler. Wonderful for the holidays!
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced peeled apples
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced peeled firm pears
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 tablespoons red-hot candies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full roiling boil, about 18 minutes. Transfer cran-apple mixture to a greased 2 quart baking dish; dot with butter.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk until a soft dough forms.
- Drop topping by heaping tablespoonfuls onto hot fruit. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve wawarm with ice cream.