I loved baked apples and this one is unique. I got this from a cookbook called Australia Wide Cookbook by Valwyn McMonigal. I also learned that the first apple orchard in Huonville was planted in 1841 and the fruit was exported in 1849 to India and New Zealand. And at one point Australia had 500 different varieties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180*c/375*F.
- 2Place apples in baking dish with water.
- 3Beat brown sugar, cinnamon and butter together until creamy. Add raisins and push the mixture into the cavity of the apples.
- 4Bake 20 minutes until apples are tender. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- 5Whip egg whites until stiff, gradually add the caster sugar a spoonful at a time.
- 6Remove apples from baking dish and place on greased oven tray (cookie sheet). Thickly spread meringue around each apple covering totally.
- 7Bake until meringue starts to brown slightly.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cradle Mountain Apple
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 96.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 35.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g