Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious appetizer to be served warm.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (softened)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) can crabmeat or 1⁄2 lb fresh crabmeat
- 1 (16 ounce) package English muffins
- 1 (6 ounce) jar Kraft Old English cheese spread
- Let butter and cheese soften to room temperature.
- Blend with rest of ingredients.
- Spread mixture on split English muffins. Put wax paper between the halves and stack in the English muffin bag.
- Freeze for at least 30 minuntes.
- Remove from freezer at least 5 minutes before using.
- Cut each half muffin into 4 pieces.
- Broil until they puff up and are bubbly and slightly golden brown.
- Serve warm.
This is the exact same recipe I've been making for years. There are others posted but not close to this one. I too, like to freeze for the sudden appearances of guests. Thanks for posting this wonderful appetizer.
I have been making these for several years..they are wonderful!!! My grandchildren love them, so does the rest of the family and our friends. These freeze really well and keep for a long time....I keep some in my freezer all the time, for the grandchildren and unexpected guest. To freeze, you need to flash freeze, cut in fourths and place in zip lock bag to store. To cook from frozen, thaw for l5 mins. and cook as usual....until cheese mixture is bubbly. I usually cook them and then pop under the broiler until slightly brown, watch carefully, you do not want to burn them!
This was very good, but turned out a bit salty for me, at least in the preliminary tasting. I added about 2 tbs fresh chopped Italian Parsley, and about a handful of shredded colby jack cheese... still have to put under the broiler for the final test (having an Oscar Party on Sunday) but if I could give this a 4.75, I would ;) Very tasty!