Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty appetizer from Paula Deen of Food Network. These are a great make-ahead that freeze well.
Make and share this Crabbies (Paula Deen) recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces good white crabmeat, picked free of shells
- 1 (5 ounce) jar Kraft Old English cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 dash hot pepper or 1 dash cayenne pepper, to taste
- 8 large toasted English muffins
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except bread and parsley.
- Spread mixture over bread rounds.
- Score each round into quarters and place on parchment-covered or greased baking sheet.
- Bake until topping is heated through and golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.
I used sharp cheddar in these and they turned out really scrumptious, not overpowering the crab flavour.
I felt these really didn't have much flavor. Maybe if they were on something other than English muffins it would be better. The cheese mixture by itself tasted really good but once it was spread on the bread and heated it lost it's punch.
These tasted like I remembered them from family Christmas parties past. You really have to watch them under the broiler, though. They can easily burn if you get distracted. Thank you for posting.