Recipe by Chef Angie #4
This variation of stuffed tilapia is not only easy to make, it has just a hint of fresh mint. My son cleans the plate when I serve this one!!
- 1 scallion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb (Ritz or Saltine)
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parmesan cheese (grated)
- 6 tilapia fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Slice bulb part of onion reserving greens for later.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and cook onion slices until clear. Set aside.
- Mince the mint leaves. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, use a fork to shred crab meat to a fine texture.
- Mix in mint, cracker crumbs, juice of 1/2 lemon, olive oil, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Reserve the remaining cheese for later.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking pan.
- Shape 6 balls from the crab mixture and place evenly throughout the pan.
- Carefully lay each tilapia fillet on a crab ball. If necessary, split the ends of the fillet in order to wrap around.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese across tops of fish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the largest peice of fish easily flakes with fork.
- Slice scallion greens reserved from step one. Sprinkle around fish to garnish.