Chef Angie #4's Note:
This variation of stuffed tilapia is not only easy to make, it has just a hint of fresh mint. My son cleans the plate when I serve this one!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400*.
- 2Slice bulb part of onion reserving greens for later.
- 3In a small sauce pan, melt butter and cook onion slices until clear. Set aside.
- 4Mince the mint leaves. Set aside.
- 5In a mixing bowl, use a fork to shred crab meat to a fine texture.
- 6Mix in mint, cracker crumbs, juice of 1/2 lemon, olive oil, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Reserve the remaining cheese for later.
- 7Spray the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking pan.
- 8Shape 6 balls from the crab mixture and place evenly throughout the pan.
- 9Carefully lay each tilapia fillet on a crab ball. If necessary, split the ends of the fillet in order to wrap around.
- 10Sprinkle remaining cheese across tops of fish.
- 11Bake 20-25 minutes or until the largest peice of fish easily flakes with fork.
- 12Slice scallion greens reserved from step one. Sprinkle around fish to garnish.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Stuffed Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.9
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 129.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: