Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 (7 ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 1 lb crabmeat, flaked
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickles, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cucumbers, seeded, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄4 cups soda crackers, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- to taste oil (for deep frying)
- Discard pulp and seeds from chilies, rinse chilies and drain on paper towels.
- Combine crab meat, green pepper, onion, dill pickle, cucumber, 1/4 cup crushed crackers, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, cayenne, garlic and 1/4 cup milk in large bowl.
- Stuff chilies with crab mixture. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Place remaining 3 cups crushed crackers in flat pan.
- Combine remaining 1 cup milk, 2 eggs, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in another pan.
- Dip chilled stuff chilies in egg mixture, then in crackers. Repeat procedure.
- Deep-fry at 375 degrees until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Slice about 1 1/2 inches thick.