Recipe by Jewelies
We call these toasted fingers in Australia. This is a North West US recipe.
Top Review by JustJanS
This is a good way to use up some more of the crabs we catch. I used the meat from 3 blue swimmers for it. I wouldn't mind the mix piled into avocado halves and baked for a 70s style appetiser.
- 6 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 170 g crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast bread.
- In a medium fry pan melt butter, saute green onions for 30 seconds. Add parsley and crab meat.
- Blend cornflour with milk and wine, pour into pan stirring continuously until boiling and thickened, add pepper and salt.
- Spread a sixth of the mixture over each slice of toasted bread.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, place under grill or broiler until cheese has melted and lightly browned.
- Cut each slice into three fingers.