From: "The Art of South American Cookery" by Myra Waldo, 1961ed. Posted for Zaar World Tour 4. -Brazilian Fashion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -8 tablespoons olive oil (original has 1/2 cup!)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Heat olive oil in a skillet; saute the onions for 10 minutes.
- 3Mix in green peppers, tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- 4Add the crab meat and parsley; cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in the eggs just until set.
- 6Taste for seasoning and divide mixture among 6 ramekins.
- 7Toss the bread crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over the crab meat.
- 8Arrange olive on top.
- 9Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab-Meat Ramekins (Casquinho De Caranguejo)
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.1
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 117.5 mg
- Sodium 1380.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives