Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From: "The Art of South American Cookery" by Myra Waldo, 1961ed. Posted for Zaar World Tour 4. -Brazilian Fashion.
- 2 -8 tablespoons olive oil (original has 1/2 cup!)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet; saute the onions for 10 minutes.
- Mix in green peppers, tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the crab meat and parsley; cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs just until set.
- Taste for seasoning and divide mixture among 6 ramekins.
- Toss the bread crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over the crab meat.
- Arrange olive on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.