Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick and easy appetizer that always disappears quickly! I got the original recipe from our local paper over 15 years ago.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat or 7 1⁄2 ounces picked fresh crabmeat
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 envelope dry onion soup mix
- melba toast or toasted bread round
- Mix crab meat, sour cream, cheese, and soup mix.
- Spread on toast rounds.
- Heat under broiler for 4 to 5 minutes.
This is too good to save for appetizers! It became dinner for tonight and lunch sometime in the week...I just put the mixture on a couple pieces of bread and toasted it...added some paprika for color after it was toasted....oh and I used the cheese I had on hand-- a colby jack/cheddar blend. Very flexible, quick recipe!!! This is definitely going to be something I'll be making again and again!!! Thanks for posting it!!!!!