Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Comfort food on a rainy day. Rich and flavorful. My kids favorite!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 big onion, minced
- 500 g crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Saute onions in olive oil till soft.
- Add grated carrots and crab meat.
- Add remaining ingredients except milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer on low heat 10 minutes.
- Pour in milk or heavy cream.
- Thicken with cornstarch slurry if desired ( 2T cornstarch with 2 T water).