Prep 8 hrs
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 lb dried white bean
- 1⁄4 lb tomatoes (chopped)
- 1⁄4 lb onion (minced)
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat (drained, picked over)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch fresh cracked pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- nonstick cooking spray (as needed)
- Soak beans 8 hours.
- Drain. Rinse. Place in a pot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce. Simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain. Put through a food mill into a bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, onions, crab, salt, pepper, cayenne and eggs.
- Heat several skillets with non-stick.
- Using about 1/2 cup batter each, make into pancakes.
- Serve hot.