Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I am always looking for new ways to enjoy the delicious dungeness crab when the season is upon us. This is my family's favorite so far. It combines all of our favorite ingredients and gives us the excuse to dip... what ever gets better than that? It is also excellant made with prawns or a combination of crab and prawns.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 lb crabmeat or 1 lb prawns, cooked
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups Italian cheese, grated
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- Mix the Ranch dip with the Greek Yogurt and refrigerate until ready to serve. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll out the pizza dough until it is a rectangle approximately 10 inches by sixteen inches. Place on a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. On one half of the dough (10 x 8) rub with garlic then sprinkle with the flour, leaving 3/4 inch edges clean of this and all further ingredients. Layer with the spinach leaves, mushrooms, olives, crab, and lemon juice. Top with grated cheese. Fold the other half of the dough over the layers, stretching gently. Pinch the edges closed. Transfer to hot oven and bake 45 minutes. Heat the Marinara sauce. Remove the calzone from the oven and cut into six pieces. Serve with the marinara sauce and ranch dip on the side.
I made this yesterday for the first time and it is definitely my favorite crab recipe of all time, and I love crab! It looks complicated but it is not at all, and everyone loved it!