Prep 8 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Very exquisite and yet easy to make
- 6 leeks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 pints chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- fresh chives, for garnish
- Trim the leeks and slice the white parts very finely. Melt the butter in a saucepan large enough to contain all the ingredients and stew the leeks until soft.
- Add the potatoes, chicken stock and seasonings. Bring to a boil, then simmer 40 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, then place it into a blender and puree until smooth. Taste and re-season if necessary. Cool to room temperature.
- Place in refrigerator and chill thoroughly for 8 hours to overnight. Ladle into serving bowls with snipped chives sprinkled on top.
Yummy! Easy to prepare with lots of flavour. Made for very low maintenance lunches this week. Thanks Bleu Pantry! Made for PAC Fall 2007.